Friday, May 30, 2008

Don't laugh..we're cool enough to pull it off

Booster seat laws in Michigan are changing. The bill has been signed and will be in effect starting July 1st. Kids have to be in a carseat/booster until they are either 4'9 or 8 years old. The law was that any child under 4 had to be in a seat. Joshua is 5 1/2 years old. We had him in a booster anyway- because it's safer but once we got the girls in their convertible car seats, we could no longer fit all 3 car seats in the trailblazer (only has the 2nd row seating).

This STINKS! That means we have to purchase a new vehicle with 3rd row seating. Not bad when money is no object, but isn't it always? We had negative equity in the trailblazer because we have only owned it for 1.5 years.

Anyway, we went to the car dealership and test drove several vehicles. Of course we loved the ones that were out of our price range. If we didn't have the negative equity, we would of had a bit more options. But nonetheless. We have a new vehicle.

A van.

yep...

A van.

-sigh-

I'm driving a van.

=(

ok..maybe I'm being a BIT over dramatic. But a VAN? I'm not even thirty yet. I'm cool. I'm hip. I'm NOT your typical "mom" I'm cooler than that. I just happen to drive a van now. So I may appear to be a soccer mom or just an uncool parent- but looks can be deceiving. We BOTH are super cool. I know we can pull this off!

(btw- you will NEVER see a bumper sticker such as "my kid is an honor roll student at..." and not because my kid is stupid...I'm just not THAT nerdy..lol- no offense to those that do sport such a thing =p )

Before:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pamela said...

lol! I hear you on the Van thing. Oh well... I still think you are cool. (even though you drive a van) Wait.. it'll be me one day too.. haha