Sunday, January 11, 2009

I swear they are bottomless pits!

I'm including Joshua in that statement too. I swear my kids have not stopped eating the past few days. Shortly after each of our meals I hear "Mom, I want a snack" .. um, seriously? We just got done eating! I always ask if he wants a second helping of food because I expect to hear "snack please" and he always passes on more food and claims he is full. Okey dokey.. but why do you want a snack 15 minutes later then?!

Our after dinner dessert tonight was carrot cake. It was so yummy. Joshua gobbled it up and asked for another slice. I told him that he had had enough sugar and needed to get ready to jump in the tub. His response was "Oh.. so 4 bites of cake and 2 raisins is enough?" What a little smart butt. I can't blame him though, I know he got his smart mouth from me. The fruit definitely doesn't fall far from this tree =P

The girls have been eating machines too. For breakfast they shared 3 waffles (eggo size) and a banana and were still begging for more. They also had a full sippie of milk each. I gave them cheerios to snack on and that held them off till nap time. For lunch they had a chicken sandwich and goldfish and some organic fruit thingies. Shortly after that they had more cheerios and then some baby food mixed with milk and bananas. Then they had a small piece of carrot cake and then more cheerios and then they ate dinner awhile later. After I fed them dinner, I got myself a plate and sat on the couch to eat and they both ran over to me and begged for more. OMG.. they ate half of my plate of food too!!!

I half expect them to be a couple inches taller when I get them out of their crib in the morning. Hopefully they'll sleep in a little bit from their full bellies.

I need to go grocery shopping again....

No comments: