Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful holiday. On Christmas Eve we went to Dusty's cousin's house, where the whole family gathers. We had a great time. I don't have pictures but I've been promised that some will be emailed to me. One of the cousins dressed as Santa and passed out some gifts to the kids and candy to the adults.

He didn't phase the girls one bit. They seemed so over the whole Santa thing =). Joshua, however, stared him up and down. He got his gift, hugged Santa and then came over and whispered to Dusty and I "that is NOT the real Santa" We asked how he could tell..."look at his shoes, those are real people shoes NOT boots"

oh my goodness..details... we just laughed and explained to him that Santa was already busy on the other side of the world delivering presents to children that are asleep right now so he had to send his helpers to visit people over here. He bought it.. for now anyway.

The kids made out like bandits there, thank you Pam, Tina and Nancy!

After there we headed to my dad's house for our traditional Christmas Eve get together. The kids were so well behaved all day. I'm so proud of them all. Here are some pictures to sum up our evening at Bampa's house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Christmas morning was great too. Joshua was in AWE at the gifts Santa left. The girls didn't understand but they certainly enjoyed playing. Aunt Dena and cousin Arika stopped over to give the kids gifts too. It was nice to see them on Christmas. Thanks guys! Our living room was trashed!!

Guess what Dusty and I did today (the day AFTER Christmas) ? We took a trip to Target for toy organizers!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas. My uncle played Santa too last week and Braeden totally knew, I told him not to tell the little ones.

Toy organizers, been there done that....and need to do it some more after Christmas. Actually need to get rid of some.

Cynthia said...

One of the little girls there... 18 months old, knew it wasn't the real Santa either, she kept calling him Papa (it was her grandpa!)

We purged toys before Christmas. I'm lucky to have someone to pass them on to, also. My friend Tyrell has a little girl about 10.5 months younger than the girls.