Tuesday, September 9, 2008

-YAWN-




I am so tired this morning. I should be napping but I can't. Addison is up and playing. Joshua also doesn't have school today. Why do teachers need a professional development day after 4 days of school? -shrug-

I slept on the couch last night. We are sleep training Addison because she is up several times a night to eat and she doesn't need it. Last night was my night "on". She gave me no problems but her sister did!

I had a long day yesterday. Dusty has training classes this week and has a 1.5-2 hr commute each way to the training location. He was gone from 8-7 yesterday and today he left at 7 and I don't expect him home till 7pm. This makes for a long day here at home. I've been having really bad back problems for the past several months. I've been in physical therapy for the past 3 weeks. Just having the bad back, makes everything a bit more difficult, add that to no relief in the late afternoon- makes for one tired mama.

So anyway, of course, Samantha would give me troubles last night. I know the poor girl is cutting teeth (I think 3 at once) I laid down early (9:30pm) and went right to sleep. Samantha woke up at 11:45pm. I went and got her (we aren't sleep training her- she sleeps through the night consistently- so this was odd) I brought her to the couch and laid her on me. She was very whiny. I gave her some tylenol since she couldn't have motrin again yet. I also made her a small bottle. She really didn't want that either. I fought with her until around 2am and couldn't take it anymore. I brought out the pack n play and just put her in it. There was nothing I could do for her. She had medicine, new diaper, and a bottle. She cried and cried. -sigh- I then resorted to turning on baby einsteen. She was mezmerized and stopped instantly. We went through Baby Mozart and then Galileo. With only a couple minutes left of Galileo, Samantha just flopped forward (she was sitting the whole time in the pack n play) she flopped forward and just went to sleep. It was so funny. I turned the TV off. I checked my cell phone for the time- it was 4:02am. We had been up for 4 hours and 17 mins and now finally..sleep.

(baby crying)..check the time..4:34am. You have GOT to be kidding me! Now it was Addison's turn. This was actually good for her. She lasted till 4:30am. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had been sleeping this whole time. But of course not.. why should mommy ever get a break.

Luckily she went back down after a diaper change and milk. ..ahh..sleep again.

5:10am, Samantha's turn again. Oh...My...God..

I picked her up and laid her on my chest and luckily she went back to sleep. I am NOT moving. Stay still (I told myself) just go to sleep (who cares if I am uncomfortable- take the sleep where you can get it)

Then I hear Dusty walk by to get to the kitchen for breakfast (current time- 6ish) by the time he walked out the door to work- it was 7am and Samantha was up for the day.

Lets count

9:30pm- 11:45pm = 2hrs 15 mins

4:02a-4:34a = 32 mins

4:45-5:10a = 25 mins

5:11a- 6a = 49 mins

total sleep = 4 hrs 1 min of sleep that was completely broken.

Today..will...be...torture

No comments: