Sunday, September 7, 2008

Update on Joshua

Joshua started school this past week. We ended up holding him back in Kindergarten because he started to struggle the second half of last year. We started him in Kindergarten at the age of 4. He was the youngest in his class last year. I feel really good about holding him back. He doesn't turn 6 until the end of November, which is the average age of his class.

I figured he would do awesome. He will probably be pretty bored the first half of the year. I ended up getting a call from his teacher at the end of the day on Friday. She told me that she has had problems with Josh all week and that on Friday, he argued with his music teacher on a couple different occasions. I was SO disappointed and shocked! Joshua is such a well behaved boy, that this caught me totally off guard.

SOoooo..we have implemented a reward chart. Each day that goes by that I don't hear something negative from the school, he gets a sticker. If he gets a sticker each day of the week, he gets a reward at the end of the week. He gets a choice of what to do. Whatever it is, it will NOT involve his sisters. This is just an activity that he gets to do with us (or one on one) He already knows what he wants to do next weekend if he succeeds- the movies!

Here are a couple pictures of him from his first day.




No comments: