Thursday, April 3, 2008

MIL to the rescue!

By the way- MIL stands for Mother in Law. Ok... on to how and why she came to our rescue.

The girls have been sleeping through the night (most nights) I would say anywhere between 6-12 hour stretches. It feels like a whole new world now. Getting up every 3 hours gets old after a few months, so this is a welcome change for sure.

There seems to be those times, I would say once or twice a week, that something seems to be wrong. It ALWAYS involves Samantha. Addison is fine as long as she is sleeping right next to me.

So last night Samantha just cried and cried. It wasn't an "I'm tired" cry, it was more of a "something is hurting me" cry. Around 10pm Dusty called his mom, Diane, over to help out. Dusty hasn't been feeling well so he was exhausted. I didn't get more than 2 hours sleep the night before because of Dusty not feeling well. He has been snoring really bad because of a stuffy nose and sore throat. Needless to say, I was exhausted too and could barely keep my eyes open. Addison wasn't quite ready for bed yet. Diane came over and sat with Addison and tried to calm Samantha. Dusty and I went to bed. She assured us that she would wake us if she needed us.

I had the best sleep I've had in ages last night. I feel like a whole new woman! I just put my earplugs in and closed my eyes and away to sleepy land I went...ahhhh..sleep, my long lost BFF!!

We got up at 7ish and the girls were sleeping. Samantha was in her bouncy seat and Addison was sleeping on Diane. Addison loves sleeping next to a warm body.

We're still not quite sure what was wrong with Samantha. Diane ended up stripping her down to nothing and she stopped crying. So was her diaper pinching her? Don't know? She was crying before that diaper was on. She has a scratch on her head that drew blood. Did she scratch herself and it hurt badly? I don't know? She hasn't pooped in almost 24 hrs. Does her belly hurt? Its not hard. Was she over tired? I don't know, she didn't cry like she was tired. Did she miss her Grandma DD? maybe, it had been almost 24 hrs, maybe she was going through withdrawals? -sigh- All I know is that this morning, everything seems to be back in order.

Thank you Grandma DD for your help!! It's great having close family to rely on in times of frustration and exhaustion.

No comments: