Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I give up!!

Transitioning to the crib went great the first day/night. Now..it's completely beaten me down. I'm exhausted, moody, crabby, short tempered and I give up. Sore-ee (said like Simon Cowell) -shrugs- I'm done. I'm throwing in the towel.

The girls naps went from 3 hours to 30 mins. That does NOT fly with me. Not even a little bit. I need time during the day to do other house stuff, pay bills, BATHE, breathe, go to the potty, maybe even eat a little something.

They were crabby last night and wouldn't go down for anything. The minute we gave up on the cribs and put them both in their swings, they were out and slept 10 hours straight. Then got up and were ready for another nap around 11am. I put them in their cribs and they slept 30 mins. Forget it! I put them back in their swings and they are still sleeping 2 hours later!

I called Dusty and told him that we are taking one of their cribs down, for now, and putting their swings in their rooms. I don't care if it's not the "proper" thing to do. Believe me, I know- consistency is key, but you know what? So is sanity. It wouldn't be so bad if I only had one infant to deal with but I don't..I have two, so the theme in this house is "whatever works" and this works for us. The girls are only 4 months old. We've been wanting to transition them into the nursery and out of our room. Who says they have to be in their cribs? They are happy in their swings and who the heck am I to argue? Happy babies makes happy mommy and you know the ole saying "if momma ain't happy, no one is" so the effect trickles down to the rest of the family.

btw- I still endorse the ocean wonders aquarium, the girls love them.

3 comments:

Dusty said...

Yeah babe, yesterday sucked! A nursery with a set of swings and a single crib will certainly be a sight to see but oh well. It's better the girls be comfortable than we get them laying parallel to the floor. -grin-

Here is hoping for a better night tonight!

Also, if the girls don't need both of those aquarium toys I think I may be able to rig it up on my side of the bed, haha. Those things are awesome!

Cynthia said...

You're funny. Yes, yesterday sucked. And no, no aquarium in our room. I already have enough noise in our room that I try to block out =P

Kyrstyn said...

Im right there with you with the crib transition, and its not working out for us either. We have also given up for the time being. Its nice to know Im not alone. Good luck!!