Friday, April 24, 2009

I’m going to be 3…0?

In 3 weeks I will hit the big 3..0.  I know it’s not OLD but I also don’t consider 30 to be young either. I remember when my parents turned 30. My parents were on the younger side when they had me. I mean, they weren’t teenagers but compared to my friend’s parents, they were on the younger side. I remember being in school and we would compare our parents ages and I distinctly recall saying my mom was still in her 20’s. Joshua knows my age and my birthday and knows I’m about to be 30. It may not mean much to him now but I’m sure he’ll remember telling his friends how old I am. I obviously remember doing that.

So how is it that I remember that like it happened yesterday and now here I am about to get out of the 20’s forever? I know it’s great that I still feel young. I don’t feel 16 anymore but I definitely feel young enough to be bar hopping and dancing and be careless. Of course, I won’t be and the first morning after, I would say to myself “wow, I’m too old for this crap” but I feel like I could be out there on the dance floor with the young 20’s. They would probably look at me and think that one of their friends brought along their older sister or maybe even their mom?! LOL.. ok, ok, maybe I’m being a little overdramatic but I’m not really ok with turning 30. I’m not ready yet. I had a lot of things I wanted to happen before I hit that age. Well, not a LOT of things, just one big thing.

I wanted to be at my goal weight, tummy tucked and boob lifted. Ok.. there. I said it. Superficial. Growing up, in my mind, I was going to marry young (btw.. people.. DON’T marry young) and wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 25. I wanted to be the younger mom. Well life events made that “goal” impossible. Infertility sucks! Divorce sucks! Getting married young sucks! Getting old sucks! Being overweight sucks! Monday morning sucks! Thai food sucks! Bad customer service sucks!…ok.. maybe I’m going a little overboard.

Anyway, my new goal is to be fit by the time I’m 31. A tummy tuck and boob lift are in my future. Hopefully sooner rather than later because what would be the point when I’m 70, right?

Well, that’s enough bitching about turning 30. I’m sure you guys are rolling your eyes. I know that most of the people that read my blog have already hit that milestone. I’ll get over it. I’ll be fine. (I keep telling myself that)

I guess if this is all I have to complain about (and my stiff neck from sleeping on the recliner last night) then I’m doing pretty dang good. Great family, great hubby, great son, great daughters, great parents, and great friends.

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Yeah, you're right, my ears are deaf to this. I am going to be 35! But, you know, I have felt my youth fading since I got married and had the girls. I thought I would really missn it but really, I love being older. There is a real sense of finally being respected and listened to for a change. Maybe I always felt like a baby because I was the youngest kid in my family, I don't know. But I am not so scared of 40 as I was of 30. Anyway, have a fantastic birthday and live it up. It only happens once.

Dusty said...

I've always teased you about being so mortified of turning 30 but it's all in good fun. I've always believed your as young as you feel and I think I'm currently stuck in my early twenties, so that's alright.

I hope when the day comes, it's not so bad.

Dannett said...

You'll do just fine. It does suck that you hit it before Dusty, but you'll be fine :) Women hit their sexual peak in their 30s (says the mother of soon to be 5 - LOL)

I used to tease Jerry that I thought it was gross that I was married to someone in their 30s (he's almost 2 years older), but it all worked out. 30 isn't gross afterall. I don't have a lot of experience as I've only been in my 30s for 2 months... but still...

KarieK said...

Embrace your 30's! I love my 30's. Best and strongest I have ever felt, even more so than when I was a teenager. Working on 31 this year and loving every minute of it! Dropping in from MBC and sharing some love, grab your One Lovely Blog award to share!