Tuesday, March 17, 2009

15 month well baby visit

Another pretty good well baby visit. At this point, any appointment that doesn’t end up in the ER, is good by me.

They both got prevnair and DTaP shots. We are on a delayed immunization schedule. Nothing fancy. Our doc is wonderful and is supportive of what we want to do. As I’ve probably mentioned in previous entries, I just hate how so many shots are given in such a short amount of time. The girls aren’t in daycare and don’t get exposed to much outside the house. Their big brother brings home illness from school but I’m not really concerned with him bringing polio home in this day in age.

Anywho…

Addison’s stats

24lbs, 29inches

She was such a good girl. She did well with her shots too. One thing I mentioned to the doc, that I have been concerned about is Addison’s lack of words. She doesn’t say any. She babbles like crazy and “talks” to us but nothing “real”. She also seems to ignore us more than half the time. She understands a lot and can follow simple instructions, I’m just a little worried about her speech and the fact that she seems to ignore me. I usually have to get out 3 or 4 “Addison's” before she’ll look at me. The last Addison! Is loudest. Doc set us up with an ENT and we have her appt on April 8th. This is to rule out excessive fluid in her ears and possibly slight hearing loss. We’ll see.

Now on to Samantha

23lbs 31.25inches

She was her normal emotional self. Scared of everything going on. She did pretty good during the exam. I held her for moral support. Then shot time came. The doc had me leave the room with Addison so she wouldn’t get worked up before it was her turn. In the hall I heard an excessive amount of screams. I was concerned. It turns out that the nurse (both nurse and doc administer the shots together to get them over with) had Dusty hold her legs down. In the middle of the shot, Samantha grabbed one of the syringes and it moved- thus the extra screaming (and blood!) the nurse yelled at Dusty and told him to hold her arms (ok.. wasn’t he directed to the legs?) Anyway, apparently the doc gave the nurse a stern look. Luckily Samantha calmed down quickly afterwards.

Here is a picture of them today. It’s from my cell phone, so it’s pretty crappy quality. They were cute in their St. Patty green dresses!

stpattygirls

2 comments:

Tamara said...

We are on a delayed immunization schedule, too. Unfortunately for us though, our HMO (Kaiser) is not so supportive of this, so consider yourselves lucky.

Our girls don't have any words, either and don't really answer to their names as well. I never thought of checking their hearing. They mumble all the time and I think they even have consistent words for some things but I just don't understand what they're saying.

Your girls look great and seem like their are doing well, though. I like their St. Patty's Day wear. You know, now that my girls are bathed and dressed for bed, it just dawned on me that I didn't get a pic of them in their green regalia today. Oh well, there's always next year, I guess.

Oh, and don't be too upset with that nurse, her mind probably went into panick mode when she heard Samantha scream. Its a terrible sound for me to hear one of my girls in pain, I would do nearly anything to stop it.

Brooke said...

Sounds like a good update. Have you did the ENT appt yet? I did a lot of research about ENT's in the area and there is one to avoid, if possible.

I wouldn't worry about the words, Braeden and Brenna didn't have any at 15 months that I recall.