Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Election

Dusty and I decided to get up extra early on election day. Diane came over to watch the girls and we took Joshua with us. We figured it would be good for him to be there while history was made. This election was definitely historical. Either the first woman vice president or the first black president.

Our polls opened at 7am and we were in line at 6:40a. Luckily, the wait wasn't long at all. We were out of there by 7:30a and we were voters # 37 and 38 in our precinct. It was so exciting!

Here was the line in front of us


Photobucket

and here was the line behind us

Photobucket

I'm so glad the election is over and behind us. Although nothing that Dusty and I voted for, won. It's still all good. I just look forward to American recovering (hopefully) from all the crap going on.

Congratulations President-elect Barack Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Gosh, now that I think of it, I'm not sure anyone/anything I voted for passed.

Maybe the person I voted for MSU won, I voted for the green party, LMAO....I figure, they like green right?

I don't know why they put the college regents, etc on our ballots, I think that should be for students or employees of the college.

Cynthia said...

That's funny Brooke! Green party.

I agree, I don't think WE should be voting for those seats, why would we care, kwim? I definitely think the school should be voting on that.

Dusty said...

I think they let us have some say since some of our taxes go to these colleges.

Regardless, it does suck when you lose EVERYTHING you vote for but I definitely still believe in needing to have our voices be heard.

... it's just too bad so many voices spoke over ours! -grin-

Like you mentioned though babe, we offer our congratulations to the Obama/Biden camp and hope they are able to deliver on some of the positive changes they promised.