Sunday, October 26, 2008

Clippin' coupons, paying off



I'm in week, like..um, not sure..maybe 8 or 9 and it's really paying off. My weekly grocery bill is less than $50.00 which is awesome! I'm still stock piling on things that are great deals (free or nearly free) Today Kmart started their double coupons up to $2.00 deal again. We took a trip up there and used all of our Pamper coupons that were over $1.00 (they expire friday anyway) and then I went through all of my coupons that expire soon that were over $1.00 and we were able to score free shampoo, nearly free toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper and some other items.

I love saving so much money. It's nice to look in the pantry and see it fully stocked. We are set on laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, pretty much any cleaning supply, toilet paper, paper towels, frozen veggies, chicken breasts, sausage, campbell soups, cereal, and a bunch of health items (tylenol, dimetapp..etc)

I've got a system down now that works really well for me. I purchase a few Detroit Free Press newspaper and at least one Flint Journal every Sunday. The DFP has a TON more coupons than the FJ. I would say, at least double the amount. It's a strange thing. Coupons are very regional. You definitely want to grab the highest circulated newspaper for your area. I also get a few extra inserts from family/friends that don't use the coupons in their papers.

Anyway, I always thought cutting coupons was a bigger pain than it was worth and always thought that "buying coupons" (newspapers) was kind of defeating the purpose of saving money but I easily make up the cost of the newspapers for the entire month, during one shopping trip. My average savings is over 50%. It feels nice to save so much money!

3 comments:

Dusty said...

I didn't realize how good these coupon clippers had it until you started coming home and telling me I got 40%, 50% or 60% off of this whole trip.

I've been very impressed and your enthusiasm has excited me. I like hearing about your latest big take. =) Keep it up, babe. You're doing awesome!

Tabatha said...

WHAT A SAVINGS, I NEED TO TRY THIS.

Brooke said...

I hit up Kmart on Monday and am heading off to Rite Aid tonight, they have some more free items this week, stocked up on all of my cold stuff a few weeks ago.